WHAT IS DTS?
A Discipleship Training School (DTS) is a course that seeks to bring you into a more intimate relationship with God. It also gives you an opportunity to discover your passions and your part in God’s purposes for the world. It is for those who long to follow Jesus in new ways with a different perspective.
The DTS course is a full-time program and lasts five months. It consists of two parts: Lecture Phase and Outreach Phase. In the Lecture Phase, you will pursue God, learn more about Him and His world. You’ll learn not only from lectures but also from community living, practical training, and tracks The Outreach Phase focuses on activating what you learned in the classroom through an intense, cross-cultural experience designed to give you a taste of missions.
THE PURPOSE OF DTS
1. To gather and challenge people to worship, listen to, and obey God, releasing them (in the context of the DTS) to serve through evangelism, intercession, acts of compassion, and other expressions of God’s heart for the world, possibly even pioneering new ministries.
2. To inspire and cultivate growth in one’s relationship with God, resulting in Christ-like character, which is based on a solid Biblical foundation, the work of the Holy Spirit, and the personal application of biblical truth, especially concerning God’s character, the cross, and empowering grace.
3. To sharpen one’s ability to relate to, learn from, and work with people, including those of different cultures, personalities, and perspectives.
4. To further equip each one to serve God’s purposes either in or outside of the YWAM Family of Ministries, strengthening a commitment to reach the lost—especially the unreached, to care for the poor, and to influence all areas of society.
5. To impart the vision and foundational values of Youth With A Mission International as well as that of YWAM Ålesund, and to provide information regarding a variety of opportunities for service.